Monday, June 1, 2009

All my life….

All my life I have been told that I am “unique” “an individual” “different” and these terms are not always used in a complimentary way. I’m the first to admit that I do have my own way of looking at things, that’s true. I’ve decided to make a list of the things that I’ve been called out on…the good (in my opinion)  AND the bad.
· I don’t gossip—this drives most people crazy.
· I can’t help but see both sides of a situation—again, drives people crazy (myself included sometimes)
· I don’t usually make judgment calls.
· I’m pretty big on letting people be who they are.
· I always need to know WHY?  People hate this, especially the accepting type.
· It’s extremely rare for me to decide whether I like or dislike someone right away.  It can take years sometimes.
· I hate being told or expected to do ANYTHING.  Seriously... I can be about to do something that I want to do but if someone tells me I HAVE to it's as if I physically CANNOT.
· If I trip,  or do something stupid, I tell people about it!
· I would rather be in pain than uncomfortable…I know, crazy right?
· I rely on a combination of logic +my instincts.
· I eat only when I’m hungry…regardless of the time.
· I do what I want when I want…most have a HUGE problem with this one.
· I am the one who will give $5 to the person who is out of gas and tell them to give it back to someone else.
· I am also the one who will give $5 to that guy who has been out of gas 3 times this week at the same gas station & get called a sucker but I don’t care!
· I actually DO “drink coffee at midnight when the moment is not right.” But WHO SAYS WHAT’S RIGHT? WHO THE FUCK ARE “THEY?”
· I guess that when I’m given an inch…I take a mile? Whatever that means.
· I admit when people I don’t usually agree with are right (or good at something.)
· I can spend days (or weeks) alone and be perfectly alright with it.
· I actually do that last one & I call it a sabbatical.
· I actually like men better than women…mostly.
· I actually LIKE my boyfriend.
· I love to drink & do it whenever the mood strikes.
· I love to read-which surprises people…I’m never sure how to take that?
· I do things my way. This is usually a combination of ways I was shown & my way.
· I used to be very up-front with my opinions until a tragic event in my life caused me to be much quieter (I was actually called “more like a radical wallflower” recently.)
This list is getting a bit too long. I’ll have continue it;)
I’ve found that 99% of the regrets I have in this life stemmed from allowing others to convince me to go against my instincts. I think I’m done with that.
I’ll make my own mistakes from now on.

Fuck ‘em all;)

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing as liberating as getting to the point where the only opinion that matters is yours!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you are there and I'm happy to have met you.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Followers